Drone Sports
DistanceDrones   •   January 5, 2023
Commercial Usage
Part 107
Q:

Piloting

There is a lot to remember about safe piloting and techniques to learn. Have any to share? Have any questions. We want to know.

Piloting: tips, tricks, stories

All Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

I have yet to have an issue, mostly I am loyal to the Royal Caribbean. I have taken my drones all over. Some areas are more friendly than others, Cozumel comes to mind. Make sure you check with the locals.

Airplane, keep in carry-on is the best advice. Should not have any issues if you plan everything out in advance.

Make sure you have all your gear ready, so you don’t forget something on your way out the door.

A lot of the flying I do is for my job and everything has been easy enough so far.

I’m also having trouble natigating flying w/ batteries and my drone, afraid to make the leap.

Just make sure to keep your drone below the right level. This is usually going to help get better photos as well. No need to go above the 400 foot level. Stay away from airports and stadiums. Generally try to stay away from people. Try to stay away from high winds. Practice makes perfect. Find an app you like or some kind of tech that will help keep you safe. Your drone flying should be safe if you follow these guidelines. Always look at your local rules.

I am always concerned with making sure I am following all of the regulations regarding drone flight. Is the FAA the best source for making sure I follow the rules? Some of the drones also have restrictions built into them that won’t allow you over restricted areas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don’t have an account? Register here.

The drone industry is moving fast

Stay in the Loop

Newsletter